Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Security Guard Rant

Two of the three hospitals I rotate through, have the MOST ANNOYING security guards at the entrances.

Scenario 1: Done for the day - unlock my boot at parking space then drive to the main exit. Stop at the gate where guard says she wants to check my boot. Smilingly reply "it's open!". Security guard informs me that I have to get out of the car and physically open the boot ( mind you my car boot is totally empty - my bag is placed on the floor behind the driver's seat). So loosing my smile, I switch off the car, undo the seatbelt, unlock the car door and climb out and go to the boot. Guard stares at empty boot for a few seconds then lifts up bottom part where the spare tyre is located, then closes everything. As I scurry back to the car I'm informed that she would like to check inside the car. At this stage I'm totally not impressed but I open the passenger door. After momentarily sticking in her head, I'm told to open the back door! My blood pressure now reaching malignant levels I somehow manage to calmly open the door as instructed. After a peek I'm finally told that everything is fine and I may proceed. I'm too annoyed to bother greeting the guards standing at the gate and drive off wondering what exactly, the guards are instructed to search for and shake my head in disbelief that she didn't bother checking my bag!

Scenario 2: Reach exit, open window and inform guard that the boot is open. Am told to get off the car and accompany the guard to the boot. While switching off my car and undoing the seatbelt etc. another doctor in the next lane drives past quickly without heeding the guard's shout to stop. So as I get off the car, the guard informs me that since that car drove past without stopping, he's not going to check my boot, because it wont be fair! Whatever??

1 comment:

Bint Mahmood said...

Strongly agree! I have security guards checking by bag everytime I walk thru the hospital entrance. They only peep at the main compartment. If I wanted to steal something, I wonder if I would place it in the main compartment of my bag and not hide it??? Funny too was when I tried asking them what they are looking for, they had no response!
And I can almost scream when they touch my bag with food-messed-fingers. Urgh.