Monday, April 11, 2011

Yuck!

I'm busy with Anaesthesio at the moment - so today one of the patients was a muslim man (foreigner) and he had a spinal anaesthesia which means he was awake during the op. So everything went fine and I kept checking on him as I would with any other patient. At the end of the op, the anaesthesio nurse turned him over in order to pull out some sheet or something and I think he got a bit startled, lost balance and it looked like he was about to fall off the bed, so I grabbed his shoulder quickly to stabilise him and his face landed my hand. He steadied himself and moved his face and THEN I have no idea what possessed him but he purposely turned his head so that his face rested on my hand!! I was SO disgusted - I didnt know what to do! [my mum said I should have pinched him really hard:)] Anyway we eventually moved him onto his stretcher and I held onto the foot-end of the stretcher as we wheeled him to the recovery room - the dude kept this unfaltering gaze on me:( It was so freaky, I was really upset, so when he asked me something about the op I just ignored him and went to wash my hands thoroughly!  Later while doing pre-meds in the ward he saw me again and wanted to know something but I just pretended I didnt hear! It was really a yucky experience and I shudder just thinking about it!

1 comment:

Bint Mahmood said...

Sies! How about a tight slap next time? lol