Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Another Security Guard Rant

Dropped off my friend at the hospital DQ, its 18h10 and as I approach the main hospital boom gates, I see lots of security guards standing on both sides of the road. So as I approach I consider just driving past without stopping and then I'm like no I'll stop, there's too many of them (but I hope they don't make me get off coz it's dark already)....so as I open the window, a female guard quickly asks me how I'm doing and before I can even answer or say that the boot is already open, she asks if I'm going into town coz she and 2 other guards need a lift. So I told her I'm not going to town and in the mean time I see this other guard trying to open the passenger door. I thought he's the guard checking the cars and he probably wants to check the cubby so I unlatched the door. He opens it and he asks which way I'm going, so I named the suburb (knowing he wouldn't want to go there - it's a predominantly Indian area ) and then to my surprise he jumps in and his like that's cool I can take him till a certain traffic circle. I was totally shocked and I really didn't know what to do coz this dude is sitting in my car! Anyway I drive off in silence thinking; how did I manage to be in this situation, alone with this random dude, will I reach home safely - I mean this is South Africa!! Luckily I managed to reach the traffic circle safely and he jumped off so it was fine. But seriously, next time I'm gonna lie and say I live just near the hospital.   Oh and by the way what happened to checking my car huh??

3 comments:

SS said...

No,No,NO. TIA

Ask for identification, cops should have a cop card(that what I learnt in school anyway).

Seriously dangerous

Niqaabi said...

Interesting blog. I've got a relative in first year, im sure she'd be happy to read your intern stories (coz she already freaking out about it)lol

Sabeehah said...

@Niqaabi Tnx. Hope I don't scare her too much!