Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I'm around :)

POPD Consulting Room

It seems like I haven't posted in ages! As usual been quite busy! The good news is I have just 2 days left in this ward that I'm currently in :) Alhamdulillah the 4 weeks went really fast :)

Actually I'm post-call today - don't think  I'll ever get used to calls! It's impossible to explain the post-call feeling - it's like you are just totally physically, mentally, emotionally exhausted!!

Anyway I was on call in POPD and the electricity at the hospital cut and somehow the generators didn't come on so yeah we were in complete darkness for about 1 and a half hours! Luckily at that point it wasn't that busy... so once the lights came back, I decided to go read my salaah. My day had been very hectic and I hadn't even had time to read any salaah so I decided to make use of the quiet time to catch up. Now I had to make wudhu but when I got to the room, I started having second thoughts coz the sink wasn't exactly 'wudhu -friendly' and there was no hot water ( it is currently freezing here in PMB!). So just as I was giving up on the idea, my reg opens the curtain and asks what I'm up to, so I told her I was deciding to pray. She was like so excited by the fact and began asking like a hundred questions about Islam and praying. She even wanted to know if there are Black South African Muslims. Anyway while chatting about Islam etc. she mentioned that she really admires the fact that Muslims pray anywhere, whereas they usually only pray like twice a week sometimes and personally she feels quite lost regarding religion. She believes in a Higher Power but doesn't really know whether she's Christian or believes in traditional African beliefs. She feels really lost at times and wanted to know whether I think by praying 5 times a day, things work out more smoothly in my life etc. So anyway after she left I felt so grateful that Allah blessed me with deen and has granted me peace and contentment. I felt so ashamed of even thinking of making my salaah (a gift from Allah) qadhaa that I immediately made wudhu and hit the floor!!! May Allah guide us all and keep us on the straight path, Ameen.

No comments: